09:00 Departure from Helsinki. Drive to Wäinölä next to Nuuksio National Park.
10:00 – 13:00 Programme “The Magic of the Kalevala”.
The programme takes place in Wäinölä, among the woods that are dedicated to Finnish folklore and traditions. The hosts are the Nuuksion Taika family company, with a strong connection to nature.
- Welcome with herbal drink and traditional Finnish salty pastry by the campfire.
- Visiting the Bear-hut, hearing and learning about bear-mythologies, listening to stories and songs from the Kalevala epic.
- Folk musicians will sing traditional Finnish songs and play traditional Finnish instruments such as kantele.
- Lunch: a wild mushroom pie with wild herbs and green salad, and a dessert made from forest berries and honey.
- Gift shop: Finnish handcrafts and wild foods.
13:00 – 14:00 Drive from Wäinölä to Siuntio.
14:00 Meet sculptor and environmental artist Jenni Tieaho and musician Ulla Hillebrandt.
- Jenni will talk about her art – the core of her work is in utilising natural resources such as willow, birch bark and other plant parts with steel to compliment them. Inspiration comes from Finnish mythology and forestry fables.
- Folk musician and nature therapy guide, Ulla Hillenbrandt, will bring the mythic stories of Kalevala alive by singing, playing and interacting with guests.
- Coffee and tea served with snacks. A small gift will be given as a memento of this visit.
- There will also be an opportunity to take photos wearing clothes made from natural ingredients from nature.
16:00 – 17:00 Drive from Siuntio to Mustio Manor.
18:00 Mustio Manor – dinner and overnight.
Dinner in the manor restaurant with meals and drinks from local ingredients. Accommodation and free time to enjoy the beautiful garden and historical surroundings of Mustio Manor.